Kohab Privacy & Policy
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What is personal information?
- 3. How we collect information
- 4. How we hold your information
- 5. Disclaimer and Liability
- 6. International Access
- 7. Cookies
- 8. Security
- 9. Accessing or correcting your personal information
- 10. Changes
- 11. Contact us
By visiting and using our website www.kohab.com (website) or otherwise providing us with information, you consent and agree for your information to be handled in accordance with this Policy. You also confirm that any information you provide us on behalf of another person is done so with their authority, and you confirm you have their authority to consent to the use and management of their information as set out in this Policy.
You must not visit or use the Website or otherwise provide us with information if you do not consent to the collection and management of your information in accordance with this Policy.
2. What is personal information?
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” refers to any information or opinion about you from which you may reasonably be identified, irrespective of whether that information is or opinion is in a material form or true. “Sensitive information” is an important category of your personal information and includes any information or opinion about your gender, race, ethnicity, health, religious beliefs, political affiliations and sexual orientation.
3. How we collect information
The types of information we may collect from you depends on how you interact with us.
We may collect data and information (including personal information) from you when you:
- access the Website, such as your IP address, domain name, date and time of visit, browser used, previous sites visited, and information relating to the pages you access and documents you download
- fill out a form, register as a member, or otherwise access, request or purchase our products or services, such as your [name(s) and email address] and any other information you provide and
- engage with us through the Website or social media (such as Twitter, Instagram or Facebook).
We will not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent.
4. How we hold your information
We may store your personal information in hard copy, electronic format or in a storage facility that we own and operate or that is owned or operated by our service providers.
- to supply you with any products, services or information you request or purchase
- to contact you with information regarding our activities and opportunities we believe may be of interest to you, such as donations, campaigns, promotions, discounts, causes and upcoming events
- on an aggregate basis, to compile statistics and undertake analytics to improve our products and services and the access to, and the content of, the Website
- for website administration and customisation purposes, and
- to comply with any applicable laws, including court orders.
5. How we disclose information
We may disclose your information to:
- our payment processors
- any person or on any platform or medium you authorise us to disclose your information
- contractors who assist us in our activities, such as information technology personnel, who are required to keep confidential your information, and only use that information for our purposes, and
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies and regulators, where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
We generally only use and disclose any personal information collected by us for the purpose for which that information was collected. We may also use and disclose any such personal information for a range of other different purposes, including:
- to supply goods or services to you
- to third parties that assist us to manage or develop our business
- for our marketing purposes
- to gain understanding of your needs
- as required by law, and
- for our other business purposes.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish your information to be used or disclosed in a particular way. We will take reasonable steps to comply with your request, but this may limit your ability to access or use the Website or our products or services.
Please note that if you have elected to receive our newsletters or marketing communications, but no longer wish to receive such communications from us, you may unsubscribe from these communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the end of such communications or emailing us at email@example.com.
6. Links to external websites
The Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We do not accept responsibility for, and do not endorse, the content, currency or privacy practices of any linked site, or make any representations or warranties in respect of those sites. For clarity, the inclusion of any link does not suggest any relationship between us and the organisation linked.
Cookies are small packets of data that are transferred from a website to your hard drive. Cookies allow the Website to identify your device and keep a record of certain pages you visit on the Website. This means that the Website will recognise your device when it accesses those webpages on a later date and will input your preferences.
Web browsers usually accept cookies automatically. You can configure your web browser to disable cookies or require the web browser to alert you when cookies are being used, but this may reduce the functionality available to you when accessing the Website.
We will take reasonable steps to keep personal information we collect secure. We do not take responsibility for the security of information which is outside of our control, such as when you provide it to us over the Internet. You are responsible for any information you submit using any application on the Website. Please note that any posts or comments you submit on the Website may be seen by third parties, who may collect, use and disclose that information.
9. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You may request to access or correct your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time and give you access or correct your information, unless we are authorised or required by law to refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will usually explain why and, in the case of correction, we will keep a record that you have disputed the accuracy or completeness of particular information.
Please note that we may require you to produce reasonable proof of your identification before we give you access or correct your personal information. We may also require you to pay our reasonable costs of providing access.
We may update this Policy at any time to reflect any changes in the way that we may collect, use or disclose personal information or to comply with applicable law, and you agree to be bound by such changes. These changes will be posted on the Website. All personal information held by us will be managed in accordance with the most updated version of this Policy. You can check the date this Policy was last amended at the end of this web page.
11. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy, or have a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us by email to email@example.com. We will use reasonable endeavours to respond to you within a reasonable time.