A little more about the fine print.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. What is personal information?
- 3. How we collect information
- 4. How we hold your information
- 5. How we disclose information
- 6. Links to external websites
- 7. Cookies
- 8. Security
- 9. Accessing or correcting your personal information
- 10. Special Information for EU users
- 11. Changes
- 12. Contact us
By visiting and using our website www.kohab.com (Website) or otherwise providing us with information, you consent and agree for your information to be handled in accordance with this Policy. You also confirm that any information you provide us on behalf of another person is done so with their authority, and you confirm you have their authority to consent to the use and management of their information as set out in this Policy.
You must not visit or use the Website or otherwise provide us with information if you do not consent to the collection and management of your information in accordance with this Policy.
2. What is personal information?
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” refers to any information or opinion about you from which you may reasonably be identified, irrespective of whether that information is or opinion is in a material form or true. “Sensitive information” is an important category of your personal information and includes any information or opinion about your gender, race, ethnicity, health, religious beliefs, political affiliations and sexual orientation.
3. How we collect information
The types of information we may collect from you depends on how you interact with us.
We may collect data and information (including personal information) from you when you:
- access the Website, such as your IP address, domain name, date and time of visit, browser used, previous sites visited, and information relating to the pages you access and documents you download
- fill out a form, register as a member, or otherwise access, request or purchase our products or services, such as your [name(s) and email address] and any other information you provide, and
- engage with us through the Website or social media (such as Twitter, Instagram or Facebook).
We will not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent.
4. How we hold your information
We may store your personal information in hard copy, electronic format or in a storage facility that we own and operate or that is owned or operated by our service providers:
- to supply you with any products, services or information you request or purchase
- to contact you with information regarding our activities and opportunities we believe may be of interest to you, such as donations, campaigns, promotions, discounts, causes and upcoming events
- on an aggregate basis, to compile statistics and undertake analytics to improve our products and services and the access to, and the content of, the Website
- for website administration and customisation purposes, and
- to comply with any applicable laws, including court orders.
5. How we disclose information
We may disclose your information to:
- our payment processors
- any person or on any platform or medium you authorise us to disclose your information
- contractors who assist us in our activities, such as information technology personnel, who are required to keep confidential your information, and only use that information for our purposes
- recipients overseas as required when providing its services to you. The countries to which personal information is sent varies depending on the circumstances. By providing your personal information to us, you consent to such disclosure of your information. Please note that, once consent is provided, Australian Privacy Principle (APP) 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. To avoid doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able to seek redress under, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies and regulators, where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
We generally only use and disclose any personal information collected by us for the purpose for which that information was collected. We may also use and disclose any such personal information for a range of other different purposes, including:
- to supply goods or services to you
- to third parties that assist us to manage or develop our business
- for our marketing purposes
- to gain understanding of your needs
- as required by law, and
- for our other business purposes.
You can contact us at email@example.com if you do not wish your information to be used or disclosed in a particular way. We will take reasonable steps to comply with your request, but this may limit your ability to access or use the Website or our products or services.
Please note that if you have elected to receive our newsletters or marketing communications, but no longer wish to receive such communications from us, you may unsubscribe from these communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the end of such communications or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Links to external websites
The Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We do not accept responsibility for, and do not endorse, the content, currency or privacy practices of any linked site, or make any representations or warranties in respect of those sites. For clarity, the inclusion of any link does not suggest any relationship between us and the organisation linked.
Cookies are small packets of data that are transferred from a website to your hard drive. Cookies allow the Website to identify your device and keep a record of certain pages you visit on the Website. This means that the Website will recognise your device when it accesses those webpages on a later date and will input your preferences to provide you with a more personalised experience.
Web browsers usually accept cookies automatically. You can configure your web browser to disable cookies or require the web browser to alert you when cookies are being used, but this may reduce the functionality available to you when accessing the Website.
We will take reasonable steps to keep personal information we collect secure. We do not take responsibility for the security of information which is outside of our control, such as when you provide it to us over the Internet. You are responsible for any information you submit using any application on the Website. Please note that any posts or comments you submit on the Website may be seen by third parties, who may collect, use and disclose that information.
9. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You may request to access or correct your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer by email to email@example.com.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time and give you access or correct your information, unless we are authorised or required by law to refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will usually explain why and, in the case of correction, we will keep a record that you have disputed the accuracy or completeness of particular information.
Please note that we may require you to produce reasonable proof of your identification before we give you access or correct your personal information. We may also require you to pay our reasonable costs of providing access.
10. Special Information for EU users
To avoid doubt, the provisions in this section 10 only apply to you if you are a user in the European Union (EU).
Kohab as the “data controller” processes your personal information based on the grounds specified under the GDPR, including where:
- you have consented to the processing of your personal information. You may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use the products or services which require the processing of those data;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with our contractual obligations. If you do not provide such information to us, we may be unable to perform the contract we may have with you or enter into a contract with you;
- the processing is necessary for our compliance with our legal obligations. For example, we may be required to retain certain data under different jurisdictions. We may also be required to share data with law enforcement agencies, government agencies and regulators;
- the processing is necessary to protect your or another person’s vital interests. For example, Kohab may disclose your personal information to law enforcement authorities in case of threats to your or another person’s safety;
- The processing is necessary for Kohab’s legitimate interests, including to provide you with the products or services you request. This includes processing your profile information to:
- create and maintain your account;
- connect you with people you are planning to team up with to co-own a property;
- enable you to communicate with us or with your connections;
- enable our business partners to communicate with you, where permitted by you;
- offer you with a co-ownership agreement;
- refer you to other experts, such as financial planners, conveyancers, real estate agents and valuers; and
- offer you with a variety of post-purchase services to help make co-ownership easier to manage and maintain; and
- the processing is necessary for Kohab’s other legitimate interests. This may include processing personal information to:
- prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our products or services;
- inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety;
- provide customer support;
- optimise existing and develop new products and services;
- conduct research and analytics;
- provide you with direct marketing materials which we think may be of interest to you; and
- enforce Kohab’s terms and conditions.
You may only use the Website if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country.
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes as set out in this Policy.
If you are a user in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to Kohab’s handling of your personal information:
- You may request to have your personal information deleted. We may retain certain information if necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention. We will only retain certain information about you as required or permitted by law.
- You may object to or restrict our processing of your personal information, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and automated decision making. We may continue to process your information to the extent required or permitted by law.
- You have a right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has significant or legal impact on you, unless it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you. In all other circumstances we will only do so with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
- You may request to receive a copy of your personal information concerning you which you have provided to us and, where technically feasible, have those data sent to another organisation, if we hold those data with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you.
- You have a right to raise a concern about our processing of your information with your local supervisory authorities.
We may collect your personal information in Australia, and we may transfer your personal information outside of Australia in accordance with this Policy and as otherwise permitted by law.
We may update this Policy at any time to reflect any changes in the way that we may collect, use or disclose personal information or to comply with applicable law, and you agree to be bound by such changes. These changes will be posted on the Website. All personal information held by us will be managed in accordance with the most updated version of this Policy. You can check the date this Policy was last amended at the end of this web page.
12. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy, or have a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable endeavours to respond to you within a reasonable time.