1. Thank you for using our website, www.kohab.com, which is operated by Kohab Pty Limited (ACN 614 611 791) (we, us or our), to access our services.
2. Although we hope that you never need to contact us regarding a refund for, or cancellation of, our services, we have outlined below our refund and cancellation policy.
3. Our refund and cancellation policy applies to all services provided by us and does not exclude or replace your rights given under the Australian Consumer Law.
4. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Guarantees under Australian Consumer Law
5. Our services come with the basic consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. These guarantees ensure that when you purchase our services you have guarantees that our services will work and do what we represented they would do.
6. Since 1 January 2011, the following basic consumer guarantees apply on services generally:
Services must be provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage.
Services must be fit for the purpose or give the results that you and the business had agreed to.
Services must be delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
7. It is important to note that these consumer guarantees do not apply where you simply changed your mind, found the services cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the services, or had no use for the services.
8. If our services fail to meet a consumer guarantee, you have the right to ask for a remedy (being a repair, replacement or refund) under the Australian Consumer Law and this refund policy. The remedies you are entitled to will depend on whether the issue is major or minor.
Is the issue major?
9. A major issue will be if:
our services have a problem that would have stopped you from buying it had you known about it; or
our services are substantially unfit for its purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time; or
it does not meet the specific purpose asked for and cannot be easily fixed with a reasonable time.
Requesting a refunds
10. If your issue is a major issue, we will first work with you to fix the problem, however you are entitled under Australian Consumer Law to cancel our services and request a refund, or may choose to receive compensation for the drop in value of the service below the price paid.
11. If your issue is minor however, we will work with you to repair the problem instead of providing you with a refund. If however we are unable to repair the issue within a reasonable time, or we cannot fix your problem, you are entitled under Australian Consumer Law to ask for a refund.
12. Please note you cannot get a refund if the problem experienced is outside of our control or if you changed your mind.
Cancelling our services
13. Under Australian Consumer Law, if you have a major problem with our services, or a minor problem that cannot be fixed within a reasonable time, you have a right to cancel our services at any time so long as our services were:
provided with an unacceptable level of care and skill; or
unfit for the purpose you asked for; or
not delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.
14. You must notify us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org if you intend to cancel our services for any of these reasons.
15. Please note however that you must pay for our services you have received that worked as we represented.
16. Please further note you cannot cancel our service contract as above if the problem experienced is outside of our control or if you changed your mind.
Compensation for damages & loss
17. In addition to your rights outlined above, you are entitled to compensation under this policy to the full extent provided by Australian Consumer Law.
18. You are entitled to seek compensation under Australian Consumer Law for damages and losses you suffer due to a problem with our services.
19. However, we will not be liable for damages or losses that are not caused by our conduct, nor damages or losses that relate to something independent of our business that is out of our control.
Changes to Australian Consumer Law
20. Please note this refund policy was drafted with the intention of reflecting our minimum obligations to you under the Australian Consumer Law at the time of drafting. Any subsequent changes to our minimum obligations under Australian Consumer Law will be deemed to have amended this policy accordingly.